Our Mission: to respond to our clients’ needs, diligently, quickly and honestly, with the highest regard for customer satisfaction.
As far back as 1972, R. Wendell Presgrave was involved in the plumbing industry. He owned and operated a company called Courthouse Plumbing. In 1982 he sold that company in order to create My Plumber. My Plumber was established performing all kinds of plumbing work. But had been created to confirm his theory that it was possible to provide homeowners and businesses top-notch plumbing service seven days a week, 15 hours a day, without compromising on quality and without charging overtime and emergency fees. His concept proved so successful that it is now standard practice in the plumbing industry.
At the company’s inception, Mr. Presgrave alone, staffed the office to field calls, order parts and arrange advertising, and there were two technicians in the field to handle the workload. The operation served three counties in Northern Virginia and the City of Alexandria. In 2000, My Plumber expanded operations to Suburban Maryland. Later, in partnership with Mr. Franco Testa, Mr. Presgrave formed My Plumber San Diego, LLP to serve the greater San Diego, California area. In short time the company responded to client request and changed its name to My Plumber Heating and Air. Most recently, My Service Manager Online, which specializes in service company management software development and sales, came under the R. Wendell Presgrave umbrella.
Today, My Plumber Heating and Air operates in 17 counties in Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland and answers upwards of 600 service request per week. The company has been honored by the neighborhoods in which it operates for providing excellent service, technological advances, and its commitment to meeting the needs of the people in the communities it serves.
- Nominee for Excellence in Business Award- Prince William Chamber of Commerce
- Contractor of the Year – PHCC
- Best Northern Virginia: Plumbing, and Heating & Cooling – Northern Virginia Magazine
- ‘Best Plumber’ Northern Virginia Magazine
- Voted “Best Contractor to Work For” Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine.
- Finalist for Midsized Companies for National Capital Business Ethics Award
- Washington Business Journals Top 10 Mechanical Contractors -6th year running
- Chosen by the readers of the News and Messenger as The Best of Prince William – Our 6th year to make the list. Thank you Prince William County and the News and Messenger readers. We appreciate it.
- SmartCEO magazine listed My Plumber’s – R. Wendell Presgrave (President), Mark Presgrave (Vice President), Samuel Lloyd III (CFO) and Phil Hopkins (Director of Operations) as one of it’s choices for the D.C. Metro area’s Top 10 Executive Management Teams.
- Listed among PHC Magazines Top 100 Mechanical Contractors – for the sixth year.
- Of over 400 companys Nexstar ranked My Plumber ninth in their Top 10 for Select Service.
- Posted in Washington Business Journals list of Top Mechanical Contractors – 5th year running
- SmartCEO Magazine presented Mark Presgrave with a Circle of Excellence Award for marketing acumen.
- Chosen by the readers of the News and Messenger as The Best of Prince William – Best Plumber 5th year running
- PHC News Magazine listed My Plumber as one of its Top 100 Contractors – 5th year running.
- Recognized by the Virginia Apprenticeship Council for 15 years of committed training and the successful completion of training for apprentices.
- Semifinalist – National Capital Business Ethics Awards.
- Winner of the Mayors Small Business Award, City of Manassas.
- Finalist – National Capital Business Ethics Awards.
- Winner of the Innovations in Technology Award – Prince William County and the City of Manassas
- Finalist – 2008 National Capital Area Business Ethics Award
- July 2008 – Chosen by the readers of Washington Family Magazine as Best for Families, Readers Choice.
- June 2009 – Chosen by the readers of The News and Messenger – Best of Prince William – Best Plumber, fourth year running.
- May 2008 – Prince William County and the City of Manassas choose My Plumber Heating and Air to receive the 2008 Innovations in Technology award.
- April 2008 – PHC News Magazine chose My Plumber Heating and Air as one if the Top 100 Contractors in America, third year running.
- R. Wendell Presgrave took 2nd place in the National Delta Contractor of the Year Awards – Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Assoc. and Delta Corp.
- Nice Guys Award for business philanthropy First Place, Business division – Acacia Federal Savings Bank.
- Circle of Love Award – Barn Transitional Housing.
- November 2007 – The City of Manassas, Va. chose My Plumber Heating and Air to receive the Mayor’s Small Business Award.
- October 2007 – R. Wendell Presgrave received 2nd place honors at the National Delta Contractors of the Year Awards
- September 2007 – My Plumber Heating and Air took first prize, business division for Acacia Federal Savings Banks, Nice Guy Awards.
- March 2007 – Transitional Housing Barn, honored My Plumber Heating and Air with a Circle of Love Award.
- Washington Business Journal included My Plumber Heating and Air in their prestigious Top Mechanical Contractors List – For the fourth year in a row.
Everything that My Plumber Heating and Air does for the communities it serves is grounded in the firm belief of the company’s owners, R. Wendell and Mark Presgrave, that giving back to the community is simply the right thing to do. The most well-known of My Plumber’s charitable activities is its Warm Hands and Full Hearts Food Drive and Food Drive Challenge. Over the past four years, the company has collected an amount of food equal in weight to seven adult male Asian elephants — nearly 28 tons. The Food Drive Challenge encourages other service companies to start their own food drives. An action plan, posters, a timeline, and other supporting materials are available free at www.warmhandsandfullhearts.com.
My Plumber is involved in many other efforts for the community. For example, in the next couple of weeks the company will issue a press release full of valuable information on winterizing outdoor hose bibs. In early October, My Plumber employees will spend a Saturday teaching 20 Boy Scouts what they need to know to earn their Plumbing Merit Badges. Activities include sponsorships, blue-jean days for various causes, posters that highlight a variety of organizations, etc. Further examples are:
- The Fourth Grade Challenge – My Plumber challenged 4th graders to write about the importance of fresh drinking water. The reward was a $50.00 gift card to Toys R Us and a lighted globe for the teachers involved.
- Sending representatives to schools to talk about plumbing, and for career day and job fairs.
- Sponsoring community sports teams, school plays, church activities, and fundraisers (e.g., Ducks Unlimited).
- Internal fundraising among employees for causes such as breast cancer awareness, collecting school supplies for needy children, Heifer International, March of Dimes, and Transitional Housing Barn (a local non-profit that educates mothers of minor children so that they can support their families).
- Community education through press releases on topics such as sump pump maintenance, plumbing-related spring cleaning tips, checking heating and air conditioning system filters, and jammed garbage disposals.
In addition to planned community activities, My Plumber offers spontaneous assistance to individuals. My Plumber’s technicians know that if they walk into a dire situation, such as when children or the elderly are involved, there is a threat to health, and the customer has no way to pay for repairs, the technicians can call in and receive authorization to perform the work at no charge. Over the years, many people have expressed doubt that the company could stay in business while performing so much pro bono work, but paradoxically, My Plumber thrives.
One of the greatest challenges My Plumber faces is not being able to get involved in every worthy cause that comes to the company’s attention. It seems that for every endeavor that My Plumber chooses to support, there are a thousand other causes, organizations and groups that deserve help, but frequently don’t get it. My Plumber Heating and Air has recently begun an effort to advocate for the many wonderful non-profit organizations that demonstrate the values and motivations My Plumber honors. The company provides a spotlight whenever possible for these organizations.
The rewards to My Plumber from its community involvement have been tremendous. For example, according to the Scout Master, the kids who have come to My Plumber to earn their Plumbing Merit Badges talk about their plumbing adventure for weeks, and everyone who gets involved in teaching the class enjoys the experience, as well. Employees who volunteer together develop a unique camaraderie which benefits the entire company. My Plumber’s reputation among customers and within the industry has been enhanced by the company’s community involvement. In fact, My Plumber has received several awards, including the Mayor’s Small Business Award (37-145 employees category) from the City of Manassas; First Prize in the Business Division, Acacia Federal Savings Bank’s Nice Guys Award; and the Circle of Love Award from Transitional Housing Barn.
Giving back to the community has proven to be a win-win situation for My Plumber Heating and Air and those it helps through its many activities. Opportunities to get involved abound in every local community, and My Plumber encourages other Nexstar member companies to find ways to support the causes and organizations that are important to their customers and employees.
- WSSC Lic. #70010
- MD. State Lic. #7302
- MHIC Lic. #51486
- VA. State Lic. 2701-024018A
My Plumber Heating and Cooling is committed to being the company of choice for our customer’s Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning needs. We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers on every visit. We value our employees in an effort to make our company the best, inside and out.