Holiday Plumbing Tips & Tricks
The holiday season is here. A time for caring, goodwill and hospitality. However, people rarely think of the things that can go wrong– and getting professional plumbing service help over the holidays can be expensive. So in the interest of an uneventful holiday season for your family and ours, here are a few holiday plumbing tips and tricks.
Many families go all out at the holidays. The house is full of relatives and house guests, and the kitchen is always full. For most people, this is the only time of year the plumbing sees that kind of capacity.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t run the self-cleaning cycle on the oven before a big holiday dinner. Even the cleanest oven tends to smell of smoke during this process. Get it done a few weeks ahead of time.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly, if at all. Turkey bones, stuffing, and other holiday foods don’t play well with disposal systems. In addition, don’t assume that the toilet will be a better place to dispose of fatty renderings and food scraps. Throw them in the garbage.
The holidays are when we all want to save some labor and spend time with our loved ones. But there are some shortcuts you should never take. Keep in mind the after-hours rates for plumbers.
- Scrape food into the garbage before loading it into the dishwasher
- Wipe grease out of pots and pans before washing
- Never pour grease down the drain.
- If you must use the garbage disposal, don’t overload it.
- Don’t use the dishwasher if the garbage disposal isn’t working.
But if worst comes to worst, know that your favorite local plumber service will take your call– 30 holiday seasons and counting. Whether you need a plumber in Springfield VA or in Bethesda MD, My Plumber has you covered.
Call us at: 866-779-7204