As beautiful as the colors of the changing leaves, so too, are the masses of pink paraphernalia engulfing stores, sports leagues, and everyday products. In case you didn’t know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Much like getting your annual preventative mammogram, it’s important to get your furnace repair service performed yearly. Because of this, My Plumber Heating and Cooling is a proud sponsor of the American Cancer Society and gives back $10 for every furnace repair service (tune-up) we perform during the month.
The annual heating maintenance prevents small problems from becoming big, expensive ones. Inefficient heating leaks up to 30% of energy from your home. Our NATE certified heating and air repair technicians can quickly diagnose the problem and can repair or replace any brand of furnace, heat pump, or boiler.
My Plumber Heating & Cooling performs a 25-point diagnostic check as part of our preventative maintenance furnace service tune-up. If you notice any of the following signs it may indicate that your furnace is on the fritz and it’s time to get it serviced or repaired.
- Furnace is over 10 years old– Older furnaces are approximately 60% efficient, while new furnaces boast up to 96% efficiency.
- High energy bills– An inefficient furnace wastes electricity and your money, not to mention, leaving your home chilly in areas.
- Recurrent Allergies or Asthma– Dust or mold are both spread through your HVAC system. A new heating system can remove these irritants.
- Furnace Turns On Frequently– This may be due to a blower problem, a thermostat malfunction, or a dirty air filter.
- Condensation– Unwanted moisture can occur with poor heat circulation. Our certified furnace service technicians can look at your ducts and system to find and fix the problem.
- Blower Does Not Turn Off– This might be a faulty fan limit control switch.
- Noisy Operation– The blower belt may be slipping, the gas burners may be dirty, or the shaft may need to be oiled.
- Pilot Light Goes Out– This may be due to a faulty thermocouple which shuts off the gas supply.
All of these issues can be easily fixed with our experienced heating and air repair technicians. Also, your tune-up could be FREE! If you are enrolled in the My Plumber Heating and Cooling Priority Club, your tune-up is included as part of the cost as well as: Two additional Preventative Maintenance Checks, Priority Service, Waived Dispatch Fees, and $2,200 in Priority Club coupons. Besides, winter will be here before you know it and you don’t want to be stuck with a “no heat” emergency.